- New Operating System support including the latest versions of Windows , Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL and OpenSUSE
- VMware Hardware Version 11 including improved CPU support and upgraded USB 3.0 controller
- Graphics memory configuration per virtual machine
- Windows 8 Unity mode improvements
- Create and boot virtual machine with EFI
- Experimental performance tuning for VM suspend and resume
- All 32-Bit Host Operating Systems are no longer supported for VMware Workstation 11.
- Windows XP 64-Bit, Windows Vista 64-Bit, Windows Server 2003 64-Bit and Windows Server 2008 64-Bit (not including R2) are no longer supported as host operating system.Lets start with the ESXi 6.0 installation in VMware Workstation 11. Installation is straight forward & easy.
- Open VMware Workstation 11, Click on File->New Virtual Machine to create new ESXi 6.0 virtual machine. Select Virtual Machine configuration type as Custom (Advanced)
- Select Guest Operating System as VMware ESXi and Version as VMware ESXi 6 and Click Next
Select a Disk to Install VMware ESXi 6.0 & Enter.
Enter a root password for ESXi 6.0.
Press F11 to Install ESXI 6.0
Once Installation completed press Enter button to reboot ESXi 6.0 VM.