1. Open Registry editor regedit in Run prompt
2. Browse to the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CVirtA
3. Select the Display Name to modify, and remove the leading characters from the value data value as shwon below,
For x86 machine,
"@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter” to "Cisco Systems VPN Adapter”
- For x64 machine,
"@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows” to "Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows”
But above workaround works for someone & not for all.
If you are having isues with Cisco IPSec VPN with Windows 8 & 8.1 use below workaround,
- Uninstall current Cisco IPSec VPN client from your laptop/desktop & restart computer
- Download and install Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer from location Download DNE for 32 Bit Windows 8 and 8.1 Download DNE for 64 Bit Windows 8 and 8.1
- After installation if require restart your machine.
3. Download Cisco VPN client (5.0.07.0440 for x64, 5.0.07.0410 for x86) and install it as shown below,
Once you complete Cisco IP Sec VPN Client Installation Do not forget to restart your machine and then connect to your VPN.