Below are Lync 2013 Archive Server New features,
- Exchange Server 2013 Integration as the archiving store
- SQL Store Mirroring for high Availability
- MSMQ is no longer needed & replaced by LySS (Lync Storage Service)
- Collocation of Archiving on Front End Servers
- Archiving of Whiteboard and Polls
In my case I am going to use my existing Lync 2013, SQL Server 2012 for host Archiving server role databases.
Open Lync 2013 Topology & define your SQL serve store as shown below and publish the topology.