What The ESXi Web client can do?
- VM operations (Power on, off, reset, suspend, etc).
- Creating a new VM, from scratch or from OVF/OVA (limited OVA support)
- Configuring NTP on a host
- Displaying summaries, events, tasks and notifications/alerts
- Providing a console to VMs
- Configuring host networking
- Configuring host advanced settings
- Configuring host services
- Download the VIB from http://download3.vmware.com/software/vmw-tools/esxui/esxui-2976804.vib
- Upload vib to a datastore on the host you want to test,
- SSH to the ESXi host and Install the VIB,esxcli software vib install -v /vmfs/volumes/Datastore-Path/esxui-2976804.vib
- After successful installation navigate to the new client – https://ESXi-hostname/ui and Log in with your host username and password.
Web client interface is cool and you can do all host related task, such as adding new VM, Power ON, Power OFF, Performance graphs, start/stop ESXi services such as SSH and ESXi Shell.